VTL TL2.5 Preamp

Can anyone shed any light on this tube pre-amp, I'm considering one? I never considered tube "anything" before, but did like the sound very much. Matched with a SS amp.
adman227
I don't think you can go wrong with the 2.5. This preamp gave me what I was looking for: large and deep soundstage, more detail and that tube quality that makes music and instruments more dimensional and life-like. I was also considering the Cary 98 at the time and tried out both in my system (ss amp and planars)and thought the 2.5 sounded better: they were both excellent but the VTL had a tubier sound, which I like. I bought mine a few years ago and later added some NOS Mullards for both the 12au7s and 12at7s. The Mullards gave it a bit more of the rich tube sound without any loss in detail.
just brought the 2.5 home, hooked up, and playing. You guys were right, thanks :)
Clarity also seems remarkable, coming from my Rotel pre-amp!
I've had the 2.5 for quite a while. I have used various solid state amps and rolled quite a few tubes in and out of the 2.5. I currently have NOS RCA Clear Tops that sound amazing with that Pre. I also own a 5.5 that I use in my main system. I have tried Tung-Sol, Mullards, JJ's, Electro Harmonix, and RCA's sound sweet to me(IMOH). I have used Parasound 2200, Aragon 8008, Conrad 2500 and McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe and DNA-225(current) SS amps, and tried VTL ST-85 and 150 tube amps. I find the DNA-225 with my Maggie 3.6's works for me in our house with rock and Jazz we like. I think you'll enjoy what you bought. Good choice. Have fun....
Rootman,
Thanks.
Can you pls describe the maggie 3.6 specifics.
What are they known for?

Also, the DNA amp.

Thanks.
Excellent preamp and one of the biggest bargains in hifi. Very airy sounding with good details and musicality.