Tube amps and speaker ohms

In your opinion , do push pull amps work better with 8 ohms or 4 ohms. .I am under the impression the lower the ohms, the more power is demanded from the amp....Another question, are there low powered SET amps ,and high power SET amps?
I'm looking at a 40 watt 845 tube amp for my 8 ohm, 89 db speaker.. just cked the Thor has a 86 db W18 midwoofers(2 per cabinet) and a 88 db tweeter. Will an 845 amp rated 40 watts be able to drive the 86/88 db speaker? With authority, bass, mids, highs, in dynamic sound stage? Synergy? Or poor match?
bartokfan
Audiofeil I ceratinly cannot argue any of those points ......and feel like I've won anything.
Do not allow my digressive comments and short sightedness keep us from gaining further understanding of this important subject. I am learning something here. Things maybe covered in other topics, but not sure where to look.
No 40 watts will not drive a 89 db speaker. Push pull or single ended. I have a speaker at 96 db and 200 watts push pull is just enough. Anything less its clippsville.

05-25-07: Hiend2
No 40 watts will not drive a 89 db speaker. Push pull or single ended. I have a speaker at 96 db and 200 watts push pull is just enough. Anything less its clippsville.
Perhaps the room size is a significant factor.

I recently took delivery of an integrated amplifer rated at 32 wpc that I am auditioning with 89db/1w/1m loudspeakers. The 30wpc is more than sufficient to drive the speakers to levels into the high 90db range without clipping. I suspect I could go higher.

Transformer quality is everything in a tube amp.
Hiend2: I use 45 watts a side from a CJ CAV50 to drive my 86 dB Vandy 2Ce Sigs in a moderately sized room and I have very little trouble hitting my comfort zone of 80 dB in my listening position about 10 ft from them.

I don't know where you get that opinion unless you listen to Metallica at concert levels (120 dB), then it all makes sense.
>>No 40 watts will not drive a 89 db speaker<<

Not true.

Depends on the speaker and the amplifier.