Not Another NuForce thread......

Ok, first I am not shill or related to, or affiliated with NuForce in any way...I just thought that we should have a thread to discuss the V2...

I just placed the Reference 9 SE "V2" in my system after living with the NuForce 9 SE for the past year and auditioning the Reference 9 V2 for the past 2 months...

I am putting out there for comment and debate that the Reference 9 SE V2 is one of the top 5 best amplifiers out there and currently available. (I personally think that it one of the top 3, but I am leaving room for argument)

Sitting in my room last night I was reminded of one of those transforming audio experiences. My first ones was couple of hours with the Sinus Faber Amati Homage pushed with a full compliment of the top of the line ML gear all with in a perfectly treated room....My experience with the Reference 9 SE V2 was like that...

Please comment if you are able on the V2 in general, what was your experience?? Are your thought of the Reference 9 SE V2 the same??
jb8312
By the time you pay for all of the well-timed upgrades plus shipping you probably do have an amp that costs $10,000. Pretty clever marketing.

So, Mr. Audiooracle, why not go ahead and tell us? What's the harm? I mean, you're the one who brought this up. You had to know people would wonder. If you just got carried away and exaggerated a bit, that's OK, too. But a lot of us want to know. A bunch of us may decide to buy a NuForce amp for ourselves!
9rw's responses are very impressive. He starts out claiming how poorly these amps sound and yet all of his earlier responses clearly indicate to me that he's never listened to these amps.

Then there's his hyperbolic exaggerations on the frequency of upgrades and now his claims that after numerous upgrades one has now spent $10k on the amps.

What I find most impressive is his claim that time aligned and phase coherent speakers are some type of proper substitution for time-smeared ics and scs, lack of proper line conditioning, and lack of proper vibration control.

Impressive indeed.

-IMO
Stehno: OK. Enlighten me. After buying an amp -- like the original version -- and having all of the upgrades done, how much would a person have spent? Oh, and please include all of the shipping costs.

By the way, is the NuForce line still 50 or 60 points? Sweet. As for line conditioning, interconnects and speaker cables, I guess if it's not one of the few products you carry it's not any good.
9rw i dont know what stehno has paid but heres my cost. i originally bought ref 9 upgraded to se now my amps are in California being upgraded to v2, cost with shipping a lot less than the 5000 mentioned above. in my opinion a great way to do business. offer customers the option to upgrade or not. no one makes you upgrade. one other thing i like about it, you are not stuck with old technology, you have the choice to get the latest at a cost much less than if you had to sell the old and buy the new. outstanding customer service by my view.
how about the preamp upgrade or should i say preamp swap out, i got full retail cost for upgrading my p-8 to p-9. another winner. not only for my pocket book, but my ears got a deal also they love the sound.
9rw, let's start at the very beginning of this thread. From the beginning I've already asked you numerous times to provide specific about what you heard with the Nuforce amps and each time you refused to answer. So let's try this once again and hopefully everybody else will take note.

Please state when and where you heard these amplifiers, who loaned the amps to you and please also describe in detail what you heard.

Based on your responses to me (always ignoring the more generic version of that question) and your subsequent responses to others you've given every indication you've never heard these amps. Yet, you seem to have no problem defaming them with your imaginary claims along with your silly hyperbolic exaggerations.

Even if per chance you heard these amps, if you had issues in the highs as you claimed, the first question I would have asked you is what were you using for line conditioners.

But since you admit you care little about the sonic harm induced by time-smear in cables, improper or no line conditioning, and improper or no vibration mgmt because according to you your time-aligned and phase coherent speakers do an excellent job substituting for these otherwise unrelated deficiencies, that question would have been moot.

Certainly one of the more unbright statements I've heard in this forum.

But please don't even bother responding to the bottom half of this post if you won't respond to the first half.

-IMO