cat jl3 signatures vs. atmashere ma2III's

Has anyone had the cahnce to hear these amps side by side? I was wondering what the sonic differences would be between them. I have heard the cat jL2 signature but have not heard the monoblocks. Do you think the atmasphere would give me the bass slam of the cats. I know both have great midrange and I know that the cat will be a little more "maintenance" but which one do you folks prefer and why? Any input would be much appreciated.
optarchie
Interesting he finds stronger attributes in the JL2 amps in his August review but then in his new October review of Atma's MP-1 preamp, he has this comment.

"Regardless of technology, pairing the MP-1 Mk III preamp to my Atma-Sphere MA-1 Mk III power amps increased the sonic realism of my system. But the effect was subtractive -- this dynamic duo simply put less between the music and my ears. Together they yielded a distortion floor lower than any combination of gear I’ve used thus far."
The S-30 loves 12 ohm and ideally higher impedance loads. It will drive your Merlins but the M-60 is a better match IMO.

Disclaimer: AS retailer
I get the sense we are talking about two great companies and the choice of one over the other is personal to the listener and the answer on how to choose must be based on audition - we all hear a bit different and have our own priorities on the type of sound we prefer. I suspect the CAT will perform with a wider selection of speakers, able to handle more difficult loads than the Atma, but others might pipe in and say that is not really the case. If one is already considering Atma OTLs, it might also make sense to add the Joule amp to the audition list.
Emailists: "Interesting he finds stronger attributes in the JL2 amps in his August review but then in his new October review of Atma's MP-1 preamp, he has this comment..."

Two different reviewers.