cat jl3 signatures vs. atmashere ma2III's

Has anyone had the cahnce to hear these amps side by side? I was wondering what the sonic differences would be between them. I have heard the cat jL2 signature but have not heard the monoblocks. Do you think the atmasphere would give me the bass slam of the cats. I know both have great midrange and I know that the cat will be a little more "maintenance" but which one do you folks prefer and why? Any input would be much appreciated.
optarchie
Sounds like two SOTA, outstanding products, that only a personal audition in your system can solve. There are many people who love and swear by both. No bad choice here, unless you have a really tricky speaker for the OTLs, the Escalantes obviously are not.
Samuel33, You must have miss read Marc's comment, "...in a group of the finest audio components." He didn't say the CAT or Wilson's were THE finest but in a "group of the finest." I think that's a broad statement and fair enough.
Another thing, in soundstage he tested these amplifiers with the Aurum Acoustics Integris CDP 's intern preamp (!) i'm not sure that it was a good moove...

Samuel33, I'm not sure what your concern is. In his review of the CAT JL2 Sig mk.2, Marc also used a CAT preamp and the ARC Ref 3 preamp. For the record, he wrote:
"I used the JL2 Signature Mk 2 with CAT SL1 Ultimate Mk 2 and Audio Research Reference 3 preamps, and the Aurum Acoustics Integris CDP CD player/preamp. Sources included an Audio Research Reference CD7 CD player, an Ayre Acoustics C-5xe universal player, and Zanden Audio's Model 5000 Signature DAC and 2000 Premium transport. Speakers were Wilson Audio WATT/Puppy 8s and MAXX 2s, and Verity Audio Lohengrin IIs. I had an abundance of amps on hand for comparison, including Lamm ML2.1 SET and M1.2 Reference hybrid monoblocks, Atma-Sphere MA-2 Mk III OTL monoblocks, an Audio Research Reference 110 stereo tube amp, and a Conrad-Johnson Premier 350 stereo solid-state amp."

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/cat_jl2_signature_mk2.htm
@ Jtimothya : no concern, i was about to purchase an atma-sphere MA2 or a CAT jl2 Mk2, so i was trying to see the limit of each products.

The review of the CAT seemed to be to good to be true.
After some research it seems to be a great product, so i 've decided to purchase one.

My previous post seemed to *bash* CAT, in fact i was very intrested by it, but i put me on mode/state "scpetical"

I will listen to it in few days so I will keep you in touch whith the CAT