ARC Ref 3: Tung-Sol 6550 in power supply?

I have sourced a new production Tungsol 6550 from The Tube Store in Hamilton (Ontario); I intend to use it in the power supply of my ARC Ref 3. Has anyone had any experience with the Tung-Sol TS6550 in the Ref 3? Have you compared it with the original Winged "C" SED 6550C shipped by ARC with this
line stage? Preferences? Reasons?

See:
http://thetubestore.com/tungsol6550.html
guidocorona

I've read every post in this thread with interest.

I have the Ref 3 in my audio system that replaced my SP-14. The system also includes a ARC CD-7 and a PH-7 phono stage. The addition of the Ref-3 brought my system to the best its ever sounded. I mean ... its great!

Now then, about a month ago, I, and a friend, went to a live symphony and sat in the third row center. My question is this: What tubes can I use in my Ref-3 that will make my system sound like THAT!? ~lol~

OP.
The short answer is. . . there isn't such a tube, nor there is such a linestage, nor there is such a system that will sound "just like a live symphony orchestra."
Your system can sound phenomenally fantastic. . . and yet it will sound always different from what your own ears heard at that particular live orchestra event. Welcome to the hyperreality of high end audio! G.
Dear all,

I became curious. I acquired 2 NOS Tung Sols Black Plate 1957. Can I exchange without any other "thing to take care off"?
Keep you posted.

Cheers,

Broederen
Hi Guidocorona,

The details of the Tungs are as follows:

Pair of 1957 Tung-Sol 6550 tubes. The tubes were " MADE IN U.S.A." by Tung-Sol and the matching production code is 3225711-3 . The construction is superb with smooth black plates, triple top mount rectangular getters, copper grid posts (killer) and tight metal bases with strong guide shafts. They were tested for gas, leakage and merit on my Eico 667 tester where the 60-80 range is somewhat acceptable. The tubes tested 136 and 136, very strong on the life test and matched.

Cheers,

Broederen