Opinions on Wyred 4 Sound ICE amps

These are somewhat new and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these high powered amps. Specifically if they are a good choice for Magnepans.

Thanks
koestner
Everybody has a opin thats the only way you will find out,i tried 2 different dig amps,did not sound good,bass was no better then any other amp,highs were not good,the bottom line was they did not sound good.
I am amazed no-one have made a compairson with the Nuforce amps and pre's towards W4S's dito's. I have never heard W4S amp or pre. I am building a system from start again. I have pre-ordered the STI-1000. Looks like a good deal. Might aswell ask away, no-one here that have listened to the STI-500/1000 units?
So the burning question is...do the W4S amps equal, surpass, or fall short of the PS Audio GCA/GCC 250s? How about the HCA2? IMO the GCA/GCC just down't plumb the depths like Bryston 4BSST, Krell KAV250A, KAV 2250, FPB 200 & 300. Tried these (GCA/GCC 250's) on all types of speakers and even several passive subs with poor results. Why do cheap BASH plate amps and Mackie pro digital amps produce incredible bass, but expensive ICE PSA amps do not? Klipsch Epic CF4s were the only speaker the PSA was impressive on as far as really deep bass response. Still bettered by the conventional amps though. I may put the big W4S monos on my Maggies 3.6Rs, but not if they have the same or less bass performance than the GCC and GCA 250. The Bryston is clearly better with the maggies than the PSAs. Can't really swing the 7BSSTs right now, but the W4S monos are in the budget. Heard similar hype about the PSA amps, someone else is enjoying them now. Any thoughts from those in the know?
I like the bass control from my W4S STI-500 and W4S ST-500 better than the Mac and Pass amps I've owned. Anyone who says they're lacking in low end is probably used to big, bloated bass.
I would demo the Bel Canto ICE amp (Ref 1000m). I went to Stereo Exchange in Manhattan and listened to the Bel Canto Ref 1000m as well as a McIntosh MC275, Meridian G57, and an Ayre. No question, the Bel Canto was different, and not at all to my tastes, my wife's tastes, or my daughter's.

But if you like the way they sound, then go ahead and buy a W4S. Don't believe any claim from W4S that their amps sound better than the Bel Canto...the amps sound very similar.

Personally, I ended up buying a W4S amp based on a reassurance from Rick Cullen that their amps sound a lot better than Bel Canto's Class D amps. Well, an old B&K 4420 sounded much better to my ears than the W4S when I owned it, as does my current MC275. In the end, my impressions at Audio Exchange and in my own system were the same and left me unimpressed with W4S and Class D generally. YMMV, of course.