Opinions on Wyred 4 Sound ICE amps

These are somewhat new and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these high powered amps. Specifically if they are a good choice for Magnepans.

Thanks
koestner
As an owner of SX-500's, I can tell you IME the amps need at least 200 hours, and more is better before they show their true colors. Make sure to leave them on 24/7 as suggested in the manual
Dsper, re: "Krell is noted for their bass...", I would caution you not to compare the Krell integrateds with their stand alone amps. BTW, thank you for the follow up on the Wyred 4 Sound SX 1000's, I for one really appreciate it. Good listening!
I agree. Having owned Krell FPB 600c + KPS 25sc and changed to FPB 700cx, KCT and KPS 28c, i say do not comapair A/B.
Had you the option to pay same for teh 700cx as the W4S, atleast me would take the Krell directly.
The integrateds from Krell,(might not be the FBI), but the others, are not even nearly close to the separates. Forget that! A W4S and or Bel i would never compair to a 700cx.
That is just too big of jump.
Few integrateds can compete with separates in regards to bass and authority due to physical limitations on power supply and otehr factors when placing multiple circuits in close proximity as is typically the case with integrated amps. Maybe if the power supply is housed separately......

Also I suspect IcePower and Class D might actually work better in a truly compact integrated configuration compared to most amps due to size and efficiency advantages assuming RFI noise issues are addressed effectively (a big if though perhaps). If integrated includes a low level phono section also, its even tougher.
Interesting comments about Krell integrateds versus separates.

The dealer who sold me the Krell S300i said that I was about 95% of the way there and would have to spend a ton of money to improve the sound from an amp perspective. This dealer sells Classe, McIntosh, and Krell amps among others; and B&W amd Martin Logan speakers.

The only consistent comment has been that I need to lose the Maggies because they need too much power and do not have good bass.

Based on what I am hearing with the W4S that will probably not happen anytime soon.

Palpable....YES!

Mapman, you are so right to remind us about tweaking speaker placement to maximze the sound of a new amp.

Frankly, this process gets more complicated with Mye stands that seem to like to stay in one place. The side clamps come loose when you move them which just adds to the fun.