Opinions on Wyred 4 Sound ICE amps

These are somewhat new and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these high powered amps. Specifically if they are a good choice for Magnepans.

Thanks
koestner
Comparison's aside, I have heard the newer more modestly priced Krell integrated amplifiers in recent years and thought the sound was quite good and in no way lacking in bass, a product I would most likely be quite happy with in teh right situation.
Lets say you entered your dealers store and told him.
You'd won some serious money and then asked him.
How much better is the Krell separates?
Do you really believe he would answer you the same?
You know, one thing a good dealer do, is seeing to it, to sell you what you possibly can afford. If he told you the separates would make the S300i sound broken.
How would that turn out?
I know it is big difference. I started off with many different integrateds, just to enter separates.
But don't believe the S300i is nearly as good. It is not!
But i do not say one need to buy speakers that require huge amps. But if you had the possibility to borrow a combo for 2 weeks, after those 2 weeks put in S300i. Well, i'd say you'd probably end up unhappy. One smart reviewer once wrote, don't listen to things you understand you'd love if you can never afford them.
That is a hard thing, but it is some truth to this.
I put an end to my hobby a few years ago, sold all things off because it was just eating my life away.
I started a new system 2010 and sold it quite fast and begun another system build. I try to keep things sane. I admit, it is difficult.
Lets say you entered your dealers store and told him.
You'd won some serious money and then asked him.
How much better is the Krell separates?
That's why I leave the black card at home.
Mapman, In a very recent 6 moons review, the reviewer had both the latest Bel Canto and Yredforsound on hand to compare.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/h2o2/1.html
Inpieces, you are right to quote the smart reviewer who wrote, don't listen to things that you understand you'd love if you can never afford them.

Another important point is the ability to "AB" products to make sure that you are hearing the difference that you think that you are hearing. It is easy to fall into the trap that it must be better because it costs more, especially around changes that bring only subtle sonic differences.

Having said all of that, I would love to take my new W4S to the bricks and mortar store and listen to the big Krell and the classe amps to see what the difference really is, if anything significant.

The more I think about amps, I keep thinking that a big heavy amp with heat sinks and large transformers has got to impact the sound. It is called distortion.

Just the opinion of a guy who has probably reached the limit for amp affordability. If I can convince myself of this, then I will quit thinking about it!