Rowland Concerto integrated vs Rowland Capri & 102

Extensive searching on AG, and Google for that matter, has resulted in little definitive info, just a couple of second hand comments that "maybe" the Capri/102 bests the older Concerto integrated.

I already own the 102 amp, so the Capri seems like an obvious choice, but the Concerto's 250W seems like it would have more punch, on paper at least, over the 100W 102. One less IC, one less power cord, and even the nice blue display are also more enticing.

Anyone have any real world experience/opinions on one over the other?

Thanks!
rkny
Rkny, I have learned a little more about the Power Factor Correction device called PFC. Rather than feeding a 110V 60Hz AC signal, the PFC uses a microprocessor controlled circuit containing both inductors and capacitors to feed a PC1-compatible amplifier or preamplifier a 384V steady DC current. The current is then stepped down to approx 30v in the power supply of the amplifying device, and in turn is expected to facilitate a much smoother charging rate of capacitors in the circuit. In turns, smoothly charged capacitors are expected to contribute to reduce distortions and maximize reproduction of low level detail, etc. . . .
Interesting. Thanks. Will keep my eye out for it.

I got the Capri today. Paired with the 102, the sound is nothing short of magical. My sole source is an Apple TV with medium to high bitrate mp3s and AACs, and a smattering of Apple Lossless files. I can only imagine what it would sound like with a nice CD player (my CD days are over). The 102 combined with the Arcam Solo was nice, but the Capri is on a whole different level.
not sure why you would compress the digital files Rkny when hard drive room on a pc is so cheap these days and you are spending bucks on the preamp/amp?

can anyone compare the rowland capri with the ayre k1xe?
Karmapolice, the only direct comparison I had the opportunity to make is of the Capri with my own ARC Ref 3. See:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1200110667&openfrom&22&4#22
I realize this may not be terribly helpful. . . Unfortunately extrapolative comparisons in this hobby are a tricky business at best.