fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Magfan, yes, try one of your fuses on way and then the other.

Isanchez, my Hi-Fi Tuning fuses have no direction indication or arrow but my IsoCleans do. I have found no consistent pattern of markings on the Hi-Fis to use for deciding which way to insert them.
Curious- i took the top off My MBL preamp and there are 4 fuses in there= would you guys rec. I change all the fuses or just the one by the power source??- thanks,bill
Bgordon
Some effect can occur with just the main line in, I mean once you get to the other fuses on the board they are stepped down and normally only DC power at that point, no doubt they can have effect on your sound as well, but I suggest depending on what you want to spend try the main power in fuse first and see where it takes you.

Tbg,

On my HiFi-Tuning fuses, the logo itself has the arrow. I couldn't decide for myself either on which direction to go since I couldn't tell for sure the sonic difference between the two ways.