fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
I've had good results removing ferrous material near my equipment but it depends on the equipment and the situation.

What I'm saying, I don't doubt you got good results.

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you, I honestly do not know what the "non fuse magnets' are, or even how they work. Asking if they provide protection was because the description is "non fuse."

If it works for you and you're happy, it does not matter what anyone else thinks. Most of my equipment needs fuses because I run all tube. If a tube shorts out and there is no fuse, then something gets burned.
Albert, I don't think your picking on me. I am just reporting to those out there my experiments, trials and results. I don't expect others to try what I have. Reading someone else's idea, experience or result may trigger an expansion of that idea or add a new direction and possible benefit. One expansion of discourse posted here is the possibility of controlled resonance of a vacuum tube filament within the confines of the glass. Tom
I've always wondered why the hi-end manufactures do not put these in right off the bat. Makes sense to me. Its one thing to let people buy the cabling they want but finish the job on the inside of the gear. Add the better fuses!
Dvrs -- some manufacturers are doing that -- such as Dan Wright of Modwright who posted some comments here.
Well- my guess would be many don't for the same reason the high-end tube gear manufacturers don't install NOS tubes. Too many consumers can be satisfied with newly manufactured Soviet or chinese tubes, and of course- the price of NOS tubes would be exorbitant. Better(and cheaper) to let the buyer sate his(or her) own tastes. Even these fuses(Hi-Fi Tuning, Isoclean, Furutech) each affect a system's sound in a different manner. Then again- I'm certain there are those that(like many in here) haven't tried them, and don't believe they offer any improvement.