fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Dvrs -- some manufacturers are doing that -- such as Dan Wright of Modwright who posted some comments here.
Well- my guess would be many don't for the same reason the high-end tube gear manufacturers don't install NOS tubes. Too many consumers can be satisfied with newly manufactured Soviet or chinese tubes, and of course- the price of NOS tubes would be exorbitant. Better(and cheaper) to let the buyer sate his(or her) own tastes. Even these fuses(Hi-Fi Tuning, Isoclean, Furutech) each affect a system's sound in a different manner. Then again- I'm certain there are those that(like many in here) haven't tried them, and don't believe they offer any improvement.
I bought a modified Jolida JD-1000 that had the top level modification offered from Parts Connexion. I was surprised that for the price of the mod they were not included. I can see why NOS Tubes are not used though. Much more of an expense and the fact there is a rarity issue with most of them.

I would bet that if many more companies added them customers wouldn't bawk at having a Furutech over a Hi-Fi Tuning or an Isoclean. I think they would be fine with it.
Installed another non fuse magnet today. My wife came down and said the bass was shaking the house. She was two floors up. One half hour earlier playing the same passage at the same volume setting she didn't complain at all. The non fuse magnet I installed was in my transport. This is the only fuse and is on the ac side. I have three more to go. One each in my two sub-woofers and the last to be in my pre-amp.

Can you have to much or to refined a power supply? Is not the power supply the point source from where all gain stages arise? So why not upgrade the point of entry into the first stage of any device. Upgrading the fuse integrity is an extension of a power cord upgrade. Tom
So why not upgrade the point of entry into the first stage of any device. Upgrading the fuse integrity is an extension of a power cord upgrade. Tom
Theaudiotweak (Threads | Answers)
Because replacing a fuse with a magnet that provides no catastrophic protection could seriously f**k up my $10,000 amplifiers?

Sorry, Tom. I respect the heck out of you, but the magnet non-fuse concept is a non starter with me.