fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Installed another non fuse magnet today. My wife came down and said the bass was shaking the house. She was two floors up. One half hour earlier playing the same passage at the same volume setting she didn't complain at all. The non fuse magnet I installed was in my transport. This is the only fuse and is on the ac side. I have three more to go. One each in my two sub-woofers and the last to be in my pre-amp.

Can you have to much or to refined a power supply? Is not the power supply the point source from where all gain stages arise? So why not upgrade the point of entry into the first stage of any device. Upgrading the fuse integrity is an extension of a power cord upgrade. Tom
So why not upgrade the point of entry into the first stage of any device. Upgrading the fuse integrity is an extension of a power cord upgrade. Tom
Theaudiotweak (Threads | Answers)
Because replacing a fuse with a magnet that provides no catastrophic protection could seriously f**k up my $10,000 amplifiers?

Sorry, Tom. I respect the heck out of you, but the magnet non-fuse concept is a non starter with me.
Grant I respect you as well,

As I responded to someone else on this thread. I don't expect everyone to do as I have. Just here to relate my experience. You know Grant it all starts at the power supply so any component upgrade there is a pass thru all the way up the food chain. Select whatever fuse device sounds the best and makes you feel safe. Tom
Theaudiotweak,

Do you turn everything off (or unplug it) when you leave the house?

Do you have a fire extinguisher handy when you listen to music?

This may sound funny, but I am serious.
Sir Knownothing,
Thank you for your concerns. I too am concerned and careful with the use of the magnets in my hi-fi. I have had one product over 30 years flame out on me and the internal fuse did not blow or trip the dedicated circuit breaker located next to the equipment. I have a dedicated method of turning all equipment on in a set sequence and then turn off in the reverse sequence. I have always done it this way, pre magnets or post.

Much of my listening is done in the early evening with this system watching satellite tv on a front projector and retractable screen. After a couple hours the system is juiced up and stable enough to switch over to some serious listening. Thanks for reminding me of the fire extinguisher right over there by the fireplace. I have in the last several months been shutting the system down, before the installation of magnets, trying to save the planet. I will in the next couple of days install the last magnet in my Belles 21a preamp even with its use of two 12au7's. This preamp is very simple in its number of parts and super stable in all performance aspects. It does have a remote with volume, mute and power. I have answered my own concerns and maybe yours as well..Thanks for asking. Oh, the ac mains box now with no door, though covered is on an adjacent wall 11 feet from my chair. Tom