an amp without "electronic" sound

Could you give some recommendations for a power amplifier without the usual electronic/mechanical sound? It is easy to say: "tubes", but in my opinion tubes are not always the way to go. I myself prefer solid state (because of several reasons).

Chris
dazzdax
when i was ready to go from solid state to tubes 7 years ago i found that i preferred OTL tubed amps as they seemed to have the linearity of solid state while also having the 'breath of life' of tubes. also; they were not rolled off top and bottom. however; OTL's typically need a very easy load to be optimized. for 5 years i used OTL's.

then i heard the solid state darTZeel amplifier. the dart had the naturalness of the OTL; but also better clarity and was more micro-dynamic.....and no tubes.

if you want a non-mechanical sounding amp but not with tube color.....you need to listen to the darTZeel. it sounds like music to me.
I'll third the Nuforce SEV2's. No transformer, no tube, just amplification on a stellar level. Still however, to add a little bit more soul, a very good tube pre would be magical..