an amp without "electronic" sound

Could you give some recommendations for a power amplifier without the usual electronic/mechanical sound? It is easy to say: "tubes", but in my opinion tubes are not always the way to go. I myself prefer solid state (because of several reasons).

Chris
dazzdax
I just listened to the Ayre integrated with some B&W 805s (and compared it to the Classe integrated, among others), and I have to say I love the Ayre. I am buying one shortly.

Dear Chris,

I highly recommend the Spectron Musician III SE. This amp is absolutely grain-free and has a fast and organic sound. It is extremely transparent as well.

I started with one amp and added a second one in mono-block balanced configuration a few months later. With these amps, there is a ease to the sound that is hard to find in non-tube designs.

Best Regards,

iSanchez
All the Jeff Rowland Design Group's amps with Power Factor Correction. These noise level is exceedingly low and the response is neutral yet robust and super dynamic.

Dave
Ralph, I've just read your post and it is fantastic. I love the way you explain things and make the complex stuff simpler so even a electronic nitwit could understand. Thank you.

Chris
Chris, be careful of generalities. When you get into the top echelons of each design technologies, the characteristic benefits and difficulties narrow.

Dave