2-3K, Integrated or Seperates

Hello all, I'm considering assembling a secondary system on a budget. I think all most would agree that seperate pre and power amps are the way to go if you have the money to spend.

In the price range up to 3000, there are a bunch of really nice integrated amps out there. What do people think, at this price point would you be better off with a very good integrated, or seperates?

I'm thinking of using this system in a relatively small space with stand or shelf mounted monitors.

Thanks
bmdduck
I just picked up a LFD Mistral, and per the reviews, the new one is just as good...no phono at $2895. How do I like it, well, I'll be selling my Leak Stereo 20 tube amp that's in mint condition for being 50 years old! But there are many good one's out there as well. Good luck...L'wood
I would go the integrated route. There are a lot of really good units out there in the $2-3k range. So many that it may hard to make a decision.

Good luck.
Have to agree, probably integrated. Ayre Ax-7e pops to mind from personal experience and comments of others.
Integrated. 1 less power cord. 2 less cables. Less electricity. Less space needed. Less time tweaking and more time listening. At 2-3k lots of choices on some very fine amps.