Is the magic in shindo or verity?

I was totally blown away by an inexpensive system. After hearing magico minis II with solution tube amps and zanden cd player, I went to hear the verity fidelio driven by all shindo. Shindo amp -75 watt, preamp the one above monribson. Of course vinyl was the source, a gerrard based shindo rebuild turntable .
The sound was remarkably life-like.
What was the key player that made this sound so much better than most other systems I have heard? I know synergy is the key, but does the shindo make everything sound good or do these verity's always sound good? It actually made me forget mbl's.
pedrillo
I don't want to sound biased, but my system resembled what I heard in the show room, if only I had a bigger room!
I am not making any changes any time soon, but I was wondering if the shindo would blend well in my system?
I don't want to even think about the gerrard, but now I may start wondering. Thanks for the informative responses
What about that shindo stand alone phono stage????? Where is it?
The Shindo stand alone phonostage is a custom product that can be ordered. It does not appear on the standard list of products. All of Shindo's stuff is already pseduo-custom and there are a lot of special products that Shindo can make if you ask.

The stand alone is a custom unit so it does not have a separate name. It is currently being built into the Auriges chassis. The unit can be ordered with lots of options. The one I heard had two different EQ curves for 78's as well as the standard RIAA curve.

I heard the unit in comparison to the Shindo Massetto, the one I believe you listened to. I give a slight edge to the stand alone unit over the one in the Massetto whereas I prefer the phono in my Vosne-Romannee. The differences were pretty subtle. All three units have that Shindo sound.

The Garrads are wonderful tables. Bear in mind that the full Shindo 301 table is heavily modified from a stock Garrard. The entire bearing assembly, spindle shaft, and platter are replaced.

I find that the Shindo gear integrates into many systems. It may not work in every case but it usually does. The place to start if you want to go this route is with the preamp. There is a special synergy in an all-Shindo system. I started out two years ago with a Shindo preamp and have since replaced everything top to bottom with an all-Shindo system sans speakers. I'm contemplating a custom Shindo speaker built around an Altec 604 to complete my system.
The Verity speakers are very nice, but I have to agree that the huge differences between the two rigs is probably mostly due to the Garrad/Shindo analog setup vs. the Zanden digital. Tough to compare and draw very meaningful conclusions. Cheers,
Spencer
RChau I recently bought an Aurieges L. Would I be able to order a Shindo phono-stage for it, or am I over simplifying? You're right about the Shindo magic, its intoxicating, I'm now looking for an amp to match with it and hope to assemble an all Shindo system one of these years.