Is the magic in shindo or verity?

I was totally blown away by an inexpensive system. After hearing magico minis II with solution tube amps and zanden cd player, I went to hear the verity fidelio driven by all shindo. Shindo amp -75 watt, preamp the one above monribson. Of course vinyl was the source, a gerrard based shindo rebuild turntable .
The sound was remarkably life-like.
What was the key player that made this sound so much better than most other systems I have heard? I know synergy is the key, but does the shindo make everything sound good or do these verity's always sound good? It actually made me forget mbl's.
pedrillo
The Verity speakers are very nice, but I have to agree that the huge differences between the two rigs is probably mostly due to the Garrad/Shindo analog setup vs. the Zanden digital. Tough to compare and draw very meaningful conclusions. Cheers,
Spencer
RChau I recently bought an Aurieges L. Would I be able to order a Shindo phono-stage for it, or am I over simplifying? You're right about the Shindo magic, its intoxicating, I'm now looking for an amp to match with it and hope to assemble an all Shindo system one of these years.
Mikeyc8

You can order a stand alone Shindo phonostage to go with the Auriges-L. However, the stand alone phonostage is in the neighborhood of $6K-7K. It would probably make more sense to trade the Auriges-L in for the two-box Auriges with MM phono or one of the higher models like a Monbrison.

I alo started out with an Auriges-L. I spent one week with it and had to go on travel. As soon as I returned, I ordered the Cortese. It has been downhill ever since.
If the Verity Fidelio can be brought to superb levels of performance with Shindo amps or any other amp, then we still listen to Verity Fidelio.
you could say it is 'nor fair' to partner say 6000$ loudspeakers to an 35000$ amplifier set-up and get unbelievable results.
but it only proofs at what the Fidelio is capable of.
it's all in the match.

cheers
Best system I ever heard had Shindo power amps and a Shindo pre amp. My next upgrade will be those. I'm relatively happy with what I have but the Shindo's are on my list.

I didn't really know what "palpable" meant til I heard them.

Wow!