Red Wine Audio Isabella

so i just ordered my red wine audio Isabella with dac -
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html

it just went up for sale yesterday and vinnie of red wine stated that i should have it in 3 weeks. I have been excited about this one since it was mentioned last fall! Anyone else order one? I'll post my impressions once I get it. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be the ONE!

-Jeff
jwarmbrand
hey mariusz,

thank you!

hey viper_z,

i was able to try the modwright LS36.5 but it wasnt for me. RWA Isabella was much more musical and spacious and 'effortless' like mariusz says. it was designed to be a perfect match with the Signature 30.2 so that makes sense why i like it better in my system. not saying the modwright is not good. for me and my system the RWA isabella is a sonic marvel and the dac option is very special to me. digital never sounds so good!

Back to listening for me,

Nate
Hi Jwarmbrand and Natewalker2006, may I know what's the rest of your equipments (amp, speaker)??

Does the Isabellina DAC have an "airy" top end?
Viper_z,

I am using the Red Wine Isabella with built in Isabellina dac board, RWA Signature 30.2 power amp and feeding this into Gallo Ref 3.1s. Source is a Macbook feeding into the Isabellina dac via USB. Currently using diy interconnects and speaker cable, but will be purchasing the new RWA cables in the near future.

YES - Isabella dac is very airy and spacious sounding! I love it - why? it simply makes digital sound like music and I can finally connect with digital!

-Jeff
YES - Isabella dac is very airy and spacious sounding! I love it - why? it simply makes digital sound like music and I can finally connect with digital!

I agree.
I am in the process of auditioning new speakers as well to match with RWA gear.

I have auditioned AMR CD 77 about two months ago and loved it. Cost was the only barrier in acquiring this wonderful CDP. However with Isabella and Isabellina DAC, I am just smiling from the fact that it brings the same emotions and feeling while listening to AMR CD 77.
La Scala, Rethm Saadhana among few others are on my list of speakers to audition......if someone is interested.

Heard RWA with Rethms and loved it. La Scala is also very promising, potential match for RWA. Another is also a single driver speaker and the last one is Horn design 16K speaker that might not be the perfect fit for my kind of smallish room, but at this point I am open for suggestions.
Will decide in a week or two , what I am going to do or what I am going to upgrade to .....if ever.

Cheers

Mariusz
wow... Mariusz, are you saying that the Isabellina is just as good as the legendary AMR CD-77 from top to bottom??

The AMR-CD77 is a 60lb beast, those engineers at AMR should fire themselves immediately.