Class D amp with Tube Preamp Combo?

Have you ever tried a good class D/T amp & tube preamp combination? I have read their can be some occasional problems matching these together?

I was thinking of going this way to get the drive, clarity and efficiency of the switching amp combined with the warmth and full body of the tube pre amp.

What setup are you using?

My first post by the way! I have been reading this forum for the last two weeks learning about audio and what to buy for my first serious system.
jaffa_777
I have a Supratek Sauvignon using balanced IC's into a Spectron M3 SE and the combination is wonderful.

Your words are exactly what I'm hearing, also I'll add quiet,extended,smooth,transparent,dynamic,and finesse.
"I have a Supratek Sauvignon using balanced IC's into a Spectron M3 SE and the combination is wonderful."

And there you have it guys. . . all great switching amps driven by great tube pres. . . spectron, Rowland, NuForce, Bel Canto. . . and they will work just fine together!
Guidocorona, you left out the Gilmore from your list. In my evaluation, the Gilmore blew the NuForce Ref 9 SE V2 completely and utterly out of the water. I'm sure it was just an oversight...
Hi Ait, unfortunately I have no experience with amp2amp warfare. . . . and I have not yet heard the Gilmore. Do you know if it will be featured at RMAF?
But on this particular thread we are not contrasting digital amps, rather we are enumerating combinations of switching amps and tube pres that we have personally enjoyed and found to be working well. Have you driven the Gilmore with a tube pre? G.