class d

I want to hear from people who has had experience with these that did not work out and why,all you hear is the positive.I'm not wanting to bash them whatsoever, its just there are people that dont like them,im curious why.Yes ive had a couple,they didnt actually sound bad,but they didnt draw me into the music at all either.
128x128coffeey
There was a really bad review of various class-D/T amps in TAS. It is available online now, BTW. Having heard/owned some of those amps, I can only say, that I fully agree with their conclusions.
"but they didnt draw me into the music at all either."

That would sum it up for me. I'm a big SET fan. The only one that has done it for me is the Red Wine Audio 30.2.

I don't play my music that loud so I get away with what I do. If I did, Class D would be a cheap way to get a lot of watts and some of them sound better than some marquis brand traditional amps.
"That would sum it up for me. I'm a big SET fan. The only one that has done it for me is the Red Wine Audio 30.2."

That's exactlhy the problem Onemug. . . there is nothing to sum up. Like with every other technology, some class D amps will be of your liking, while others may be just. . . interesting. Some may be 'cheap' as you say, but some other ones are definitely not inexpensive. Yes, a Flying Mole and a few other ones at less than $1K are inexpensive. . . but a Nuforce at $5K? Spectron at about $8K for the stereo config and twice as much for a pair of monoblocks? JRDG Continuum 500 at $8800? or a JRDG 312 at $16K? or a JRDG 301 at $30K?

As you can see, like with SET, there are switching amps for all budgets, and for very diverse requirements. G.
Post removed 
Dpac996, are you sure you are not generalizing a little prematurely? You have owned one switching amp which you did not like, and you're concluding that no switching amps can be of your liking? I have heard several amps that I disliked in class D, classic solid state amps that made me run away from the room, and tubes that put me right to sleep. . . should I conclude that the whole industry is immature and move to butterfly collecting? G.