class d

I want to hear from people who has had experience with these that did not work out and why,all you hear is the positive.I'm not wanting to bash them whatsoever, its just there are people that dont like them,im curious why.Yes ive had a couple,they didnt actually sound bad,but they didnt draw me into the music at all either.
128x128coffeey
Guidocorona
any idea why they need to run for a while after travel? Not that I doubt it, just that I dont understand it. And you would think that the rep who sent them to me would want to show them in the best light and tell me to wait a week. But that wouldnt be the first time that a vendor said a component would sound optimal right out of the box either...
strange hobby.
Outlier, I will really be looking forward to hearing how the Spectron matches up with the MBL's.

Is the Spectron brand new? If so, I can tell you from personal experience that the first 100-150 hundred hours of a new Spectron can be cruel to your ears. Do not play too loud or you will really strain your ears. After 100-150 hours the sound starts to smooth out with continuing and notable improvement as you pass each 100 hour mark with close to full break-in at about 1000 hours. To expedite break-in try keeping a source continually playing through the speakers 24/7 even at low volumes. Good luck and have fun.
Jimmy3993, I can only guess that mechanical vibrations, temperature excursions, and who knows what else may have a detrimental effect. . . besides you have no idea about their past history. . . so, assume the devices are almost new and start break in from the ground up.
guidocorona -
sounds more reasonable than anything i can come up with.
another question for you - I am using the p9 pre from nuforce with the amps right now and the usable volume range seems to be from "0" to "4" out of 70 or so steps. So there is very little usable volume control for me. Have I done something wrong? Is it a pre amp issue? My "reference" is a mac integrated and while I never get past 40% of the volume wheel, there is much more usable room to fine tune volume.
Thanks for all the help!
Hi Jimmy3993, I can only think that someone tweaked gain on either pre or amps. . . this needs a call to Nuforce tech support. Guido