Using two channel amps as monos?

I'm considering using two identical two channel Edge M8m amps as monoblocks. Any thoughts or advice on this configuration would be greatly appreciated.
jeff_l
I'm not familiar with your amps, but are you bridging them to Mono, or using one channel of each in a "stereo-mono" operating mode?

I'm far from an authority on this topic, but I think it depends on the amp. Except for raw power output, many amps don't perform as well bridged (ie, sonically)as as the do un-bridge. Parasound published in some of their user manuals that using them in "stereo-mono" will produce better sonics than when bridged. In addition, because the power supply is only driving one channel, the power output is about 40% higher than rated for 2 channels driven.
I was planning on using the left channel on one and the right channel on the other, so I'm basically using one half of each two channel amp. So I guess your refering to a "stereo mono mode". My hope, since I have two identical two channel amps was in channel separation by using two independant power supplies. I have never tried this, but it seems feasable unless someone knows of any negatives in this approach.
In theory you should gain aeparation with 2 chassis and a little more power/headroom with one power supply for each channel. Will you hear a difference? Try it and let us know.

Only negative might be the unused amp channel not being hooked up to a load. With most SS, the amp doesn't mind but you might check with the manufacturer to be sure.