Atma-Sphere MA-1 amps

How good are these amps? I have 200w Class A mono blocks and have been eyeing these for sometime. What are your thought on them and hwo do they sound?

TIA
128x128jtwrace
Hi Pubul57
My MP-1 Mk. III developed a problem due to shipping, which absolutely without Ralph's fault is not yet resolved. I had occasion to borrow a WAVAC which to my ears mated perfectly with my MA-2 Mk. IIIs driving my U-1PX Sound Labs. I was so enthralled with this combination that I later bought one used here on Audiogon, tube rolled the Ruskies for Mullards and am happy. Once my problem with the MP-1 is solved, I'll compare and sell one of the two preamps.

Hi Tom,
I've followed your advice digging out all sorts of jazzy software I could find on CD, LP and Steve Nugent's "SPOILER", a wonderful USB-DAC by the way, clobbers Zanden and the dcs-stack, and could -perhaps would(: not - hear what you did. As I noted above, at first I thought I had it pinpointed, but then it turned out it was an IC, starting to break in causing that anorexia in sound, which thanks to the Audio gods soon gained sufficient weight again to be out of danger...
Seeing how I got all these Atma owners in one place, what sort of power conditioning (if any) are people using with them? I've been considering Shunyata. I'm mainly concerned w/ lightning protection, and if I can get an improvememnt in sound, great, but don't want to degreade the sound in any way.
Lightning protection was my concern as well. I am using Running Springs with Stealth Dream 20amp power cords on a dedicated line. No degradation of sound I found
I use a whole house surge protector/line conditioner made by Environmental
Potentials
. It installs at the service panel, and it costs $650.

EPS's primary customers are industries that need clean power to ensure their
machinery runs efficiently and at at lower cost.

EP has a line of power products aimed at the residential/home
audio/audiophile user.

No BS. No audiophile mark-up.