Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
There was a tube amp some years back that had a front panel selector to adjust the amount of negative feedback.Click..click click. The reviewer a friend and co worker of mine felt that the 6db selction point of feedback was to his preference. His thoughts were that his choice was a combination of texture, speed and detail. Zero feedback was to fat and slow to much feedback was thin and slightly bright. I have not heard the H-Cat..but negative feedback is not in the brew here. Tom
Atmasphere, the Doppler shift is not in the recording it is in the electronics that you are using to recreate it.

The WTC afforded matching the H-Cat P12R line stage with other electronics. Frankly I wish it were auto-focusing like second generation cameras, but like cameras this is not to say that the properly focus image is not worth it.

Theaudiotweak, arguing with Audiofool is like conversing with an epileptic in a seizure.
Doppler effect ? What is moving ? Were the instruments and musicians on wheels during the recording or were the mikes? Of is it during the playback - I picture speakers on motorized wheels careening first toward the listener and then shifting into reverse.