Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
>>I would challenge any of you to defend in theory and in measurement what you judge to be a superior amp<<

Au contraire.

"We" have nothing to defend.

It's you that's been doing all the talking.
"How do you correct and compensate for something that you can not measure????? It would seem to me that a circuit smart enough to compensate for these so call velocity, I mean "Doppler Effect" errors would need some sort of a "sense" circuit with predefined threshold triggers....."

Bingo!
Rebi is right. I went from a McIntosh 7270 amp hooked to a Carver C-1 Preamp with the hologram generator built in. I also had a graphic eq, parametric eq, spatial enhancer, dbx range expander, bbe sonic max, and other signal processors. I sold everything and now have a Cary V12R amp hooked to a Cary SLP98P preamp. I bought a used Carver C-9 generator last week because it was the only thing I really missed after going to tubes. You have to set the speakers up correctly, but to me the sound is addicting after hearing it.
The only additional processing I use these days is DBX for dynamic range enhancement on oocasion. When I use it, I believe its generally due to dynamic range deficiencies in the recording compared to live sound rather than anything missing with my equipment.

I also added a tube DAC recently and would agree that it does add to the system's natural "holography".