Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
“I bought a used Carver C-9 generator last week because it was the only thing I really missed after going to tubes.”

”The only additional processing I use these days is DBX for dynamic range enhancement on occasion. When I use it, I believe its generally due to dynamic range deficiencies in the recording compared to live sound rather than anything missing with my equipment.”

Your kidding right?

Here I am being crucified for allegedly creating an enhancement circuit to generate some kind of fake image. And you guys a sitting back with a living room full of crap and have the audacity to point a finger at my lifes work and say ah ha! Its just a black box with a resister wrapped in aluminum foil! We got him now!

I’m beginning to think that the only sane people reading this thread are the ones who don’t post but are nonetheless entertained by the squabbling.

All I tried to do is share some insight with fellow music lovers but its obvious that you will never be able to accept the “fix” for Doppler interference if you can’t accept that the problem is Doppler to start with.

If there is even a chance that I ‘m correct in what I have tried to share with you, think about the ramifications.
To the audiophile - its good news. To the competition – it’s a sad day in Mudville.

All the best,

Roger
Roger,

Maybe, but I'm not trying to sell anybody anything so I'm the only one who has to live with my crap.

Also, your innovation is a lot more expensive than my crap and what my crap does and how it does it is well documented by the vendors so you can take it or leave it for what it is.
Mapman,

Sorry - I didn’t mean to imply that you (and others) have crap for a system Its just stunning to hear what people would accept and legitimize as ok to add to your system when these are the biggest offenders of purity. My design is focused on achieving the highest purity and resolution by simply removing distortion.
It adds absolutely zero to the original source.

I have never talked down to anyone’s designs. I even respect Ralph and his work. I have taken a different approach and a different path. Along the way I have only met with more conformation that I was headed in the right direction.

Roger
sometimes the issue of holographic imaging is on the issue of room acoustics itself. Properly treated room can make speakers have holographic imaging be is solid state or tubes.