Holographic imaging

Hi folks, is the so called holographic imaging with many tube amplifiers an artifact? With solid state one only hears "holographic imaging" if that is in the recording, but with many tube amps you can hear it all the time. So solid state fails in this department? Or are those tube amps not telling the truth?

Chris
dazzdax
The bottom line is that your audio system must play to your brain – not your test equipment.
Roger,
That is not the point of the argument. Besides any properly set up rig with decently designed equipment, will do just what you describe or do you seriously maintain, that most of the gear we have at home is but " a poor attempt to recreate a sound event riddled with phase errors" ? Forgive me, if I laugh.
Roger, please don't argue about the speed of sound OK? If you have heat, air conditioning, humidity control or lack of it, weather, what not- the speed of sound will change. You cannot ascribe that as a constant; it is constantly changing.

Phase relationships are maintained through having bandwidth. You got bandwidth, you got imaging. Try turning off the tweeters sometime and see what happens.
So, Atmasphere, all you need is bandwidth?

Detlof, forgive me if I laugh, you think every decently designed equipment sounds the same? If not what is the difference? Also, please tell me how you know "decently designed equipment?" Do you look at it, trust the designer, or listen to it?
Roger Paul wrote:

"...[T]he ear/brain system is a highly sophisticated mechanism for discerning the physical location of a sound object when you include the massive ability to detect phase/time relationships that are on a scale so small as to be unbelievable."

Yes the ear/brain system is highly sophisticated, but it is believable and to a large extent its characteristics are understandable. I highly recommend Jens Blauert's text, "Spatial Hearing: The Psychophysics of Human Sound Localization".

RP again: "IOW if you can feed your brain the raw data at Mach One – the listener will have the same acoustic sensation as someone who was actually present during the initial recording."

I am unaware of any sound system which transmits through air that is capable of feeding your brain raw data at any speed other than Mach One.

At this point, I am also unaware of any scientific evidence for the problems you claim to be solving.

It is starting to look like you have created imaginary problems so that you can come to our rescue with imaginary solutions.

Duke
dealer/manufacturer
I wonder if others that have auditioned or own a H-cat agree with the statements by Roger.
Also Tbg please re-read Atmasphere and Detlof's last posts cause you just didn't get it.
Or is it that you didn't want to.