Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 / Krell KSA 250 / Passlabs?

Good Evening Fellow Audio Heads!

I'm upgrading my amps (will be a big step up from my NAD S200) which I still love dearly.

The amps that I have the choice to purchase second hand are:

Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 - AUD $9000
Pass Labs X250.5 = AUD $6995
Krell KSA 250 = AUD $3000

Now the Krell and Atma-Sphere are class A. The Pass labs A/B. Front End will be a Atma-Sphere MP1 Mk3. Speakers are the unfriendly Dynaudio Confidence 5 (no intention of changing these lovely speakers)

Can you please advise your thoughts on what amp would sound best in this situation. Music Reggae / soul / female vocals. What amp listed is the best value? I would say either the Atma-Sphere or the Krell. I have only heard the Pass-Labs in person and that sounded nice and smooth. I like detail in my music.

Many thanks for all your help as it's impossible to do A/B comparisons.

Cheers
Che
che13
I know first hand that the Atma-Sphere MP-1 preamp matches well with Pass Labs amplification. Since the Dyns are unfriendly, I'd suggest the Atma/Pass combo.

If the speakers were friendly...the answer would be obvious. However, I suspect you will very much like the Pass Labs on the Dyna speakers.

I have never heard Krell.
The technical specifications of the Coincidence 5 seem quite suitable for the Atma-Sphere MA-2 amplifiers:

"phase correct, 6 dB per octave first-order crossover network"
Impedance, Nominal: 4 ohms
Impedance, (20-200 Hz): 4.6 - 9.2 ohms
Impedance, (200-20 kHz): 5.0 - 7.7 ohms
http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/archive/conf5/conf5spec.htm

I must be missing something in a big way to not understand why you describe these speakers as "unfriendly." I'd encourage you to contact Ralph Karsten at Atma-Sphere to confirm, but on the surface it seems to me that the MA-2 amps would have no trouble driving these speakers. If that's indeed the case, the Atma-Sphere MA-2 would be a no-brainer choice for me.

Disclaimer: Atma-Sphere MA-2 owner