MC 402 vs. MC 7300

I have quite a dilemma. I want to upgrade but depending on the sonic benefits given the price difference between the two. I also have a C36 and would like to upgrade to maybe a C45?
winger
Back to your original question - I am unaware of an amplifier currently made by Mcintosh with a model number of 7300. There is the 6300 and the 7000. As to driving the MS5 with these different models, The 6300 would be a light, the 7000 will likely work fine for all but the loudest listening levels, but at those levels, my guess is that you will get the power guard to flicker. The 402 would be my choice.
The MC7300 is a 1992 amp. 300W per channel. It's considered somewhat of a classic McIntosh amp by some.
McIntosh info

http://www.berners.ch/McIntosh/en/Frame_Compendium.htm

Another option to consider with the "best bang for the buck" would be to buy NOS MC352/C41 amp/pre combo from Audio Classics for less than what a new MC402 would cost.

LED kits are also available for both-no bulb changes!
the 352 and the 402 would both be a bit of a step up, for anyone who believes in the 'latest-greatest', but the amp I wish I still had is my MC7300n, which I do believe is one of Mac's best.
you might want to talk to mike up in audio classic.com they no mcintosh they helped me alot