rogue audio m150 owners

I have rogue audio m150 monos that are a little over a year old , today I measured my power tubes on a tube tester and I was suprised that my tubes were barely testing "good" . they seemed to have lost most of there power. the tubes are EH kt88s . is this normal ? how many hours is average for this type of tube ? I am new to the world of tubes and I thought I would get 3-5000 hours of good use before needed replacement. Also, have any m150 owners tried any different brands of tubes? Is there one that stands out from the others? please help ! thanks and happy listening!
chrissain
> What is about the EH kt88 sound that you dont like?

I like them fine, but I felt the Penta Labs were better in just about every way. When new they also test much higher than the EHs, so in general it sounds like they just produce more power. Definitely not thinner sounding.

I have not yet tried the Genelex tubes, but 3-4 people I know that have tried them prefer them. They are next for me.

> I was thinking about some SED kt88s, anybody heard them?

I have a set and they look EXACTLY like the Penta Lab tubes and I don't know but bet they are made in the same factory as the Pentas.

For what it is worth, I bought the set I have from a guy who clearly preferred the Genelex tubes.

Bob
Chrissain- Tube testers are notorious for being out of calibration which would give you the wrong readings. If you are confident that your tube tester is up to snuff than just ignore this. You might consider testing a brand new tube to see what reading you get on your tester.
thanks, Cyclonicman ,sometimes it easy to overlook whats right in front of you !! the tube tester works well with smaller tubes ie 12ax7 testing from bad to great depending on the tube,but all the kt88s I have tested weak. maybe there is somthing wrong with the socket for the kt88 on the hichcock tube tester. thanks for the tip and happy listening ! chrissain
Chrissain, when I had my Rogue Stereo 90, I switched from EH KT88's to SED KT88's. While the EH is a good sounding tube, I think the SED betters it from top to bottom and especially in the midrange. They are also more expensive than the EH KT88's I have also tried Svetlana's but preferred the SED's overall.
Yes, I was blowing tubes within a year. I was using EH KT 88's from The Tube Store. I was driving Proac 3.8's which are not a difficult load for these amps.