rogue audio m150 owners

I have rogue audio m150 monos that are a little over a year old , today I measured my power tubes on a tube tester and I was suprised that my tubes were barely testing "good" . they seemed to have lost most of there power. the tubes are EH kt88s . is this normal ? how many hours is average for this type of tube ? I am new to the world of tubes and I thought I would get 3-5000 hours of good use before needed replacement. Also, have any m150 owners tried any different brands of tubes? Is there one that stands out from the others? please help ! thanks and happy listening!
chrissain
hi just found out Rogue has a m180 upgrade for the m150s, has anybody heard this ? thanks, chris
Chrissain, I would contact Rogue about the m180 upgrade, but I have no reason to believe the $1,300 upgrade wouldn't be worth it, unless you're not into the increasing transparency, better dynamics thing. I was truly surpised how much better the m180 was than my Pathos Classic One MkII on my 100db efficient speakers. I figured I would have better dynamics and a better bottom end, but the superior transparency of the m180 surprised me a little. It's a great amplifier and I'm sure Rogue wouldn't offer it if it wasn't an improvement over the m150.
I have done much of what the m180 upgrade is , before there was an official upgrade. my friend has a pair of the new180s which we will compare side by side in the near future. I have heard his system with the 180s and it sounds really good. thanks.chris
I just went to my friends house last night and heard the m180s, they sounded very good, he has revel f30s and the bass response was outstanding, deep and controlled. nice big layered soundstage, i think rogue has a winner here, I have another freind who has the rogue appollo monos, a side by side might be fun !! Chris