BAT VK-32 tube preamp or stay with BAT VK-3ix

I have ordered a BAT VK-55SE. (I was using a solid state VK-220). I currently have a BAT VK-3ix which I really think is a nice preamp. I haven't been able to find much on the VK-32 and am curious to know if you think it would be a big step up from the VK-3ix. If I do this I'm probably looking at the non-SE version of the preamp as I kind of like the idea of the 6922's in the chain. (If you think the SE version is the better option plse say so).

Would prefer to not have recommendations for another brand of preamp as I really like BAT and the synergy I got with the VK-220 and 3-ix. I just got the urge to try a Tube amp for the first time, so any thoughts on the VK-32 or 32SE are appreciated.

Source is Ayre C-5xe and speakers = Harbeth M-30, and I don't have a local dealer where I can audition.

Thanks, Mark
classical1
Tom,

Thanks for the sound advice, which I intend to heed! I was planning on using the 3ix upon arrival of the 55SE and might likely find no need to upgrade :)

It makes sense to just use some frequent flyer miles and go listen to one if the time comes, but would still be curious to hear from a VK32/VK32SE owner as to how you like your preamp.

Thanks

Mark
i audition both 32se and 3xi for my vk55 power amp.

i returned 32se the next day but kept the 3xi / 55 combo for a week.

they just somehow sound more right - airy - delicate than the 32se/55 combo which sound more solid state to me ...
Hello Art,

Congratulations! I'm sure you made a great choice and that the BAT combo will give you many years of wonderful sound.

Enjoy,

Tom
hello Tom, actually

i am divided between the vk-32 or vk32se or vk52se as a pre amp now... am deciding to get a new preamp and then a used power amp....budget constraint

any advice...

Art