Which is the most tubelike solid state amp around

Being a tube person who is trying to put together an active loudspeaker setup , I have come across the problem of choosing the best driver for the midrange and upper bass i.e.80Hz to 2.5 KHz. I would like to try a panel such as a Magnapan but am told that they are rather power hungry. Therefore, I would be grateful if fellow Audiogoners could share your experience in relation to the best powerful SS amps that would not be out of place in a "tube-ophile's" system.
Thanks
ecka
Maybe a mccormack dna-1;I had a pair of these as monoblocks driving merlin 4b+'s and dunlavy scIII's;very tubelike in the mid frequency range;also odyssey's mono extreme se's fit the bill as well.
Better yet a moscode 401hr or the new 402;30 day in home trial as well.
hi blindjim:

perhaps victor is just being honest. it is certainly not in his interest to compare his preamps unfavorably. or, do you believe that victor can't hear the difference between preamps ?
Mrtennis
Beats me. I don't doubt his integrity... perhaps it's a matter more of tastes or preffs & practicality for him.

I simply thought it pertinent to make mention of that, as at the time, it struck me as odd given all the designs he's laid out and surely does have at his discretion.
Ecka, there was a thread several months ago on another audio forum where SET amp lovers were asked what solid-state amp they would choose if a gun was held to their heads, and surprisingly the only company anyone actually mentioned was Naim. That being a British company, perhaps it is easier to come by in Australia?? I've never heard them, but they are supposed to be good.
Hi Eka

Take a look at Redgum Audio amplification based in Melbourne. they are mosfet based products and are well reviewed. www.redgumaudio.com .Cheers.