Which is the most tubelike solid state amp around

Being a tube person who is trying to put together an active loudspeaker setup , I have come across the problem of choosing the best driver for the midrange and upper bass i.e.80Hz to 2.5 KHz. I would like to try a panel such as a Magnapan but am told that they are rather power hungry. Therefore, I would be grateful if fellow Audiogoners could share your experience in relation to the best powerful SS amps that would not be out of place in a "tube-ophile's" system.
Thanks
ecka
Agree on the Stratos statement had one. The CJ SS amps tend toward tube warmth.
I think there is a consistent problem of defining tube amp sound characteristics.

Some people consider a tube amp to sound "warm", with rolled off highs, bloomy midrange and a fat, bloated bottom end. Personally, I have never heard a tube amp that sounded like this. All tube amps I have heard either in personal systems, in my system, or at audio shows have had exceptional, grain free clarity. Some have had well controlled bass, and others have not. Most have had a midrange that projects forward and creates a more three dimensional illusion than does a solid state amp.

Using the second definition of the tube amp sound, I cannot say I have heard a single solid state amp that has all the same characteristics. However, of all the solid state amps I have heard, Pass Labs comes closest to possessing the top-end and midrange clarity and grain free characteristics of a good tube amp. Plus, the Pass Labs amps have the added benefit of better controlled bass than most tube amps.
tvad, you make a good point regarding the concept of "tube" sound.

perhaps we could be more specific about what we are looking for, using nouns, rather than adjectives.

if one is looking for a solid state amp having specific sonic attributes, why not state what the adjectives may be rather than use an ambiguous adjective ?

while i would own several tube amplifiers, i have heard several solid state amplifiers. i object to the upper midrange/treble response . i think it is odd order harmonic distortion. i'm not sure exactly what is the cause, but unless there is a change in design, i find solid state amps and panel speakersa not synergistic.
have wavelength's 300b's mono's 45 tube's mono's ,have mcintosh mc-402 now,tube sound lots of air under voice's,its one of a kind very high quality amp here,and no tube's you have to deal with,the best soild amp that i have has in my house,and will not sale this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,playing with jbl l-300 speakers