"D" amps, general discussion who's 1 and why?

There sure seems to be allot of continued "BUZZ" regarding "D" amps. I am reading more and more SET/Tube users and lovers actually recommending and using them.

So what are your thoughts.
dev
Dear Dev, Please see above in my response to Dave what I heard in Joule-Electra power amp. To your amin question: Yes, we all heard about new upcoming killer preamp from Joule-Electra and I know personally the gentleman who you mentioned. My current preamp is REX by BAT, truly excellent preamp. However, in a few days I will be receiving new Joule-Electra flagship preamp - I never heard it, I got it only upon recommendation of this person - and he did only excellent recommendation (so far that is).

If ths preamp has some family resemblance to Joule-Electra power amps I expect to be in heaven...

I will let you know and if I will like it... I will write serious review.

Thank you and all the best.
Rafael
Dob, very interesting indeed. What did the rest of this system consist of that you heard with the MBL's and I presume when you refer to big MBL's they are the 101E's, same speakers I own. I really enjoy my MBL's and every amp combo I pair up with them I learn new things even with the amps presently in place which are just carry overs from my CAT JL3's until I find replacements.

Does this same person also own JMLab Focal Grande Utopia BE speakers (MSRP: $99,995) may have sold them by now. Black piano, wood floors in the living room, Teres table.

Look forward to your thoughts of the Joule pre., from what I have heard suppose to be a real gem.

"11-28-08: Dob
Hello Dave: Never make assumptions. I own a pair of Spectrons with all upgrades ($21k retail). Good amps. I heard a lot about your Jeff Rowland ($9k) and I am well familiar with Rowland 312 ($14k) - you probably can add new Bel Canto Ref1000 Mk2 ($6k/pr) but I will wait Kal's review and then I will add it to the list of 1st class - class D amplifiers"

What happens when Kal reviews a product?
Dob, I am curious did you run a tube pre-amp with your Spectrons?
I find running a tube pre into the Spectron gives it that naturalness without losing that effortless, clear sound which is it's forte.
IMS the synergy is excellent you get the best of both worlds. Just my 2 cents YMMV.