"D" amps, general discussion who's 1 and why?

There sure seems to be allot of continued "BUZZ" regarding "D" amps. I am reading more and more SET/Tube users and lovers actually recommending and using them.

So what are your thoughts.
dev
Geph0007, Bel Canto is NOT "digital". You're welcome to prefer your NAD, but it's not because of any digital conversion happening in the Bel Canto. Salesmen use such terms to sell tubes and other products that they have on hand.

Dave
Geph0007,

I have a NAD 7020 I use as a spare in my systems when needed.

Its a very gutsy little beast indeed, and it has served well in a reserve role when called on over the years, but the sound is quite rough around the edges compared to most newer and even a number of older amps that I have had opportunity to compare it to over the years.
geph0007 good write up,it is hard to pin down,whats not hard to pin down is that the brain and ears will surely tell you something is wrong,and they cant be fooled.
Class D amps, ones that are superbly designed, can approach reality given the right system gear. I can show you, Coffeey, how I can make my, "Amps," sound edgy, fuzzy, bright, and/or distorted just by inserting a regular CD player, off the shelf wires at any price, stock power cord, or a noisy and badly matched preamp.
Coffeey, as you well know, the Bel Canto EVo2, Gen 2 in question is approx 3 or 4 generations old. . . it does not even faintly represent what best of breed class D amps can deliver today. Have you considered getting a fresher perspective than the cherished solace of old bad memories?