"Breathing" of the air

Hi folks, I would like to ask you the following. With some audiophile set ups I'm able to hear what I call "breathing" of the air, as if the air surrounding voices and instruments is a living entity, as if one is capable of hearing individual air molecules, if you know what I mean. Are you familiar with this phenomenon? Is this quality inherent to some amplifiers or speakers? Can you mention set ups that have these characteristics?

Chris
dazzdax
It's the air, and 3 dimensionality that really gets to me as an audiophile. I think that it comes from the maintenance of correct phasing throughout the recording and playback chain.
Whatever you call it... I like it and treat it like soundstaging . Just an added bonus/trick of the equipment .

So obviously I agree with Mrtennis's evaluation of it as compared to live .

Rleff ,
I believe that what you are refering to would be considered micro detail .

Happy tunes .
Mrtennis, its true that you don't hear air, its simply the medium. But- the audiophile term 'air' means something different from what you are getting at in your comment. When audiophiles use this term, it implies a quality that the system is doing that is also something you experience in real life. At least this is true for me; refer to my earlier post.
my reference is live music. when attending a symphony orchestra concert, i don't consider the word "air" applicable to my experience of listening to music in the audience.

the term "air" brings to mind the distinction between "audiophile" terms , listening to a stereo system ,and the expoerience of listening to live music.

many terms used to describe the performance of stereo systems are irrelevant to the live music experience.
Of course you hear what we describe as air here in a live concert, Mr.T. Nobody has ever implied that you can hear the air we breathe. When I opened up Audiogon just now I saw your name on top for this thread and wondered what you would have cooked up now. You have not disappointed me. Ever the inventive mind and good for a laugh.