otl vs push/pull

Can anyone share their impressions of a p/p sound vs a OTL amp sound. My speakers can handle an otl amp, coincident partial eclipse. It's been suggested I take a look at an otl amp as it would be a significant upgrade over my Cary sli-80. I do not have any dealers in my area, so I can not audition an OTL.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Hello, You should seriously also consider looking at the NAT Audio push pull power amplifiers in addition to the OTL products (www.nataudio.com).
The model is called Generators.

While I'm partial to these components because I import them, we've had many customers that have raved about these.

Happy listening.
OTL can sound good or bad as PP amps. Matching with the right speakers is critical. The factor which keeps me from OTL is if a tube shorts and blows, the speaker may get toasted. Proper protection is a must....safe music is a must...jallen
let me be the lonely voice, so far, to suggest you to try Jud Barber's Joule-Electra OTL amplifiers. I do not know that many designers in this industry who received as many prestigeous award (e.g. Golden Ear by Harry Pearson of TAS, something else from David Robinson of Positive Feedback) as Jud did.

Just because Jud does not participate in this form does not mean he is disqualified !

I will not even try to describe the sound of his equipment - you have professional reviewers for this and its not my job - I just want to see elemntary fairness to this industrial artist.

Regards,
Jallen...As I understand it, Atma-Sphere amps do not destroy speakers when a tube fails. That was a drawback of some other OTL amps.
OTL means output transformerless. PP means push/pull. These are not mutually exclusive terms as far as I know. The Atmasphere amps are both. Does anyone make a single ended OTL?