mono versus stereo ampflication

If one has for example 8K to spend on ss amplification for a two channel system, would one in general be better off using a stereo amplifier of perhaps dual mono design or using a set of monoblocks. If the answer is "it depends" what then are the likely trade-offs of each option and on what does it depend?
Do you have any recommendations of specific products for either option for 92db, 8 to 4 ohm speakers?
Thanks for the input. I did find some discussion of this issue on threads that are three years old but nothing recent.
128x128gammajo
The TRL amps are single ended only. I have not heard a Pass Amp and understand they are quite good.
Just for closure feedback. Thank you everyone for your comments they were very helpful. I decided to go with mono's, the Nuforce Reference 9V2SE's which seemed at a great price used. Had them a week and so far so excellent. I am getting great controlled, tuneful bass, good balance accross the spectrum and sparkling highs. So I am happy to now sit back and enjoy the music. Well - plan to do a little tweak in terms of vibration control and perhaps power conditioning. Happy Holidays
Joe