Deciding between Yamaha or Marantz

Hello everyone, I need to get a new Pre and trying to decide between the Marantz AV8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000. The Marantz is about a $1k more, is it worth it? Speakers are SF Liutos, Mac MC205 for power, thanks in advance.
kalbi23
I am sure many of us will thank you Bo for another detailed yet absolutely meaningless explanation. Its been awhile since I had a good laugh reading one of your diatribes and this one ranks up there with your best.

My favorite parts and I quote you..."The people of Audyssey are smart people. But I think differently and I use it differently" and "That is why I use it my way. The way Audyssey use it, it is ok. There were many aspecys I didn't like when I did it there way"

So my question to you Bo, is that if you get better results than Audyssey, why not bring your own room correction solutions to market? If you actually made something that you perpetually claim is superior, you may gain some credibility and make some money too. Instead, you choose to make unsubstantiated claims and seem to be quite happy viewing yourself as an audio legend in your own mind.
I am not a technician. They are great technician. I am addicted to music since I was 6. They do totally different things, like they are better in developing. I am happy that these people are here to bring us much better sound quality. I started in audio for work in 1998. I am a lot different than most other people in audio. I spend much more time in testing. Compared to most other people in this business I spend a lot more money on audio. I also spend a lot more money on music, bluray and concerts than most other people in this business. I have never seen this as a job or hobby. It is like a natural part of who I am. I am a very demanding person and a perfectionist. I use brands in audio cause of there properties. I want to know if they have those properties I am looking for. This way of thinking ans working has the big advantages to create a much higher level than other shops do. I want my client to get the best sound for there money. i Always want to win from every other shop in audio. Because I love competing, that is why I love shows. The other thing why I love shows is because I f....hate all those worse and average demos at shows. Many of these people are not good enough and see there job as work. As a perfectionist you can get very irritated by everything what is inferior. In audio there are too many inferior products. And yesssss on of the most importsnt reasons why I still do this work. I have seen and met many dissapointed people who spend a lot of money on audio. Often they made wrong decisions or got the wrong advice. And I hate all those people in audio who focus on just making money.
Hey guys, every village has one. Give Bo a break. His posts are self defeating and are not likely to influence anyone in any matter of importance. Engage him and this could go one forever. Your choice. :-)