Deciding between Yamaha or Marantz

Hello everyone, I need to get a new Pre and trying to decide between the Marantz AV8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000. The Marantz is about a $1k more, is it worth it? Speakers are SF Liutos, Mac MC205 for power, thanks in advance.
kalbi23
You go, bro...I mean Bo. If you can't dazzle 'em w brilliance, baffle 'em w bull$hit!

To the OP- Sorry, guy, hopefully your thread can get back on track.
Audio is about letting people hear the best sound for the money they spend. So you need to persuade them that you give them a higher quality in sound. Hearing is believing. This is how you sell the best quality in audio.
Why not give Bo the benefit of the doubt if we too can benefit?
Please tell us Bo how to perform the Pro measurements ourselves. I don't believe you'd be hurting your own business by dispensing info to this niche audience.
People can find out things themselves. What I said many times; it is not about me. Audio is Always about quality. People need to look further. Many focus just on a few things. Many do what other tell them what is best. Same about Audyssey. People use it like Audyssey tell them to use it. Even time and technique go on and on. Things can change very fast. What is good, can become average soon. That is why I do not care about brands. When other brands make better quality, this will become the new standard. That is why you need to take time when you want to buy something new in your set. In the past I even send clients to other shops to listen to competitors. Even when they already wanted to order things. I want people to understand why things are better.
F1a said:
Please tell us Bo how to perform the Pro measurements ourselves.
Bo said:
NOTHING

Case closed. Bo ain't gonna give it up.