Warmish SS pre:Rowland Synergy IIi preamp/others?

I am looking for a slightly warmish SS pre. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a pre in the $2000-$3000 used range. The best preamp I have yet tried (solid state) is a Classe CP-700, but it is out of my price range, used. I am looking at a CP-500, amongst others. What about the Rowland Synergy IIi? I couldn't find much around here. Pass X-1 was another option, but I was worried that it might be a little thin. I don't want a really thin sound, but something akin to a slight tube "ease" and musicality, but in a SS preamp. The Classe was very nice, and about the sound I was looking for. Other suggestions?

After listening to several preamps, I have come to the conclusion that a tube pre just won't work in my system. Every one I have tried has produced audible (at the listening position) hiss. This includes some very well regarded units up to $6K retail. Efficient speakers and 1v input sensitivity of the amp seems to be amplifying the background tube hiss. I listened to an I had a previous thread going, but that was before I had listened to some stuff and knew about the sound I was going for.

Amps are McCormack DNA-125 Rev. Gold, nice detailed SS sound, but still full.
chiho
the word "warm" and solid state in the same sentence is a contradiction. warmth is a coloration. i have yet to hear a warm-sounding solid state compoent.

i define warm as a slight attenuation in the upper mid/lower treble region in conjunction with a slight elevation in the region upper bass/lower midrange.

are there any solid state amps or preamps which satisfy the above definition ?
Classe Vintage amps and preamps have that description..Not sure about the newer models....
If I remember correctly, McCormack DNA-125 Rev. Gold may have a relatively low input impedance (perhaps 8K Ohms?). . . if that were so, best match will be with pres with very low output impedance, regardless of tubes or SS. Vintage Rowland devices are expected to sound 'warmer' than current models. . . and per the published specs the Synergy may fit the req of low output impedance at only 80 Ohms balanced. See:
http://jeffrowland.com/ClassicSpecs.htm#Synergy