DIY? How to get feet wet?

I've read, in a number of threads in the analog forum, about the Bottlehead Products.

By nature I'm a tinkering kind of guy, but I'm young and when it comes to audio I've always let the pro's handle it for me -- really to avoid throwing money away.

The Seduction pre-amp is claimed to be an easy build, but I have no electrical engineering experience at all. How do I get my feet wet with this? How would I ever be able to learn if its for me with out actually trying to do it, rather than read about it?

Any suggestions, or stories?

--Jay
fightingwords
What is the likely-hood of one of theses things starting a house fire?

I had a nightmare last night that I raised my house to the ground after building a pair of mono-blocks and one of them caught fire while I was away at work.
I would not leave a tube amp on when I left the house. Tube amps generally warm up quicker than ss and the output tubes can be quite expensive. So I just turn them off before bed adn when I leave.
I took the plunge last month and built a Bottlehead Foreplay III as my first ever audio project. I built a couple of $5 christmas tree LED kits first in order to get a feel for soldering.

The Bottlehead instructions are amazingly clear, and the support forum is very responsive.

I managed to build the foreplay with no problems. It sounds great, by the way.

Good luck,
Jonathan
Jon,

Thanks for the positive info. I'd read some information that complained about the cramped set up of the foreplay and that it was hard to solder everything because of it. Any comments there?

Glad you like it!