Any experience with Audio Experience A2 preamp ?

Hi,
I am interested to know about your edperience with Audio Experience (YS Audio, a hong Kong based company) A2 tube preamp. Where does it stand in comparison with Asthetix Calypso, Emotive Audio Syra, CAT SL1 mk-III, Audio Research Ref 3, or Ayre K1xe (though it is a solid state unit) ? I know these preamps have wide range of prices. Any other comparison will be also helpful.
Thanks,
topmostaudio
Hi Mcfarland,
Thank you for taking your time and sharing this valuable information. I think the Atma Sphere MP3 is a balanced Preamp. I was also considering MP3. How is the tube life on MP3 ?
Thanks,
Mcfarland, are you speaking about the Balanced A1 preamp. The A2 has L&R Balance controls as well as a main Volume control.

I own the A1 and, with a decent set of tubes (nothing over $17./each) casts an enormous sound stage. Instrumental detail and location of performers are quite spectacular. Complex classical recordings (Stravinsky Rite of Spring, Mahler Symphonies, etc.), if well recorded, suffer no congestion or smearing. Crappy, tiny sounding recordings (early digital), do sound like...well, crap. So the preamp is not coloring the sound, just giving it to you straight. By the way, for a tube preamp, mine is almost dead silent. Only sticking an ear right to the speaker would you hear a very faint hiss.

Previous balanced preamps I have had were the BAT 3xi, BAT 5i and Pass X-1. (I run balanced into a Music Reference RM-200.) Unbalanced pres have included a modified ARC SP-8, SP-10 and one of the early Threshold items (as you can see from my choices, I prefer an old fashioned mentality for sound).

The only reason for me to part with the A1 preamp is if I were to buy the YS Audio A2. As we see with Chinese companies like Audio Experience, MHDT (Paradisea, Havana) and others, they have the goods to make quality products at affordable prices. The latter two words, along with the phrase "Chinese Made," have come to mean "cheap" in the world of "audiophilia nervosa." Maybe as it relates to some products, but certainly not to this preamp.

8^(
some feedback from BALANCED A2-SE owner on there:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vdone&1122320232&read&keyw&zzys%20audio
it is junk I bought one Audio Experience (YS Audio 2 years ago never again ,it states many good brands inside the only problem is that there are only a few good parts the rest is generic for under $500 maybe that would be max !
Audioman58.

I think, you are falsehood.
I have NOT any your bought record.
Also , the BALANCED A2 preamp start produced at December 2007 , How you bougth it 2 years age ?