Which preamp for Symphonic Line Kraft amps?

Hi All;

I'm in the process of receiving a pair of Symphonic Line Kraft amps to power a pair of Dali Megalines (using a tube crossover). I'm currently using a Dodd battery powered preamp and am thinking about upgrading to either a Symphonic Line solid state amp (RG3 mk4) or the new CAT Renaissance (replaces the SL1 Ultimate mk 2?).

I'm guessing the best way to find out would be to use my ears if I can audition both units in my system, but these aren't items I can drive down the street to pick up...

Any thoughts would be appreciated though, especially regarding the SL preamps...
jonathan_s
why not another symphonic line? but perhaps I will by one tube preamp , one that was a little more warmer than one ARC REF 3, Emotive audio, Aesthetix, Viva, Wavac, Kondo...
Try calling Klaus at http://www.odysseyaudio.com/, he is the Symphonic line importer and a great guy.
Yes, I've spoken with Klaus - he said the SL solid state and tube preamps have a similar sound, but that if you are partial to tubes that the Erleuchtung is a perfect mate with the Kraft amps.
Would stick with either symphonic line rg3--ss or tube ---the CAT is also a great choice and I believe mates quite well
Jonathan_s,
you lucky so & so - a PAIR of Kraft amps! That should be -s-w-e-e-t-!!
Are you anywhere close to NC that I can drop in sometime to listen to (what seems an excellent) your setup??

which exact preamp really depends on your sonic taste. I've used the CAT preamp with great success.
A good friend of mine has tried out both the Erleuchtung & the RG3 MK4 (which he owns now). The Erleuchtung "lights" up the soundstage like only a tube preamp can. It is a bit light on the bass compared to the RG3 Mk4. Additionally, the Erleuchtung has a lot of tubes inside - each of the 5 inputs has a tube buffer, then 4 tubes for the line stage, 4 for the built-in phono stage. So, that adds up to 13 & I'm missing 1 tube somewhere - so total 14 tubes!
Both the RG3 & Erleuchtung mate very well to the Kraft amp - the RG3 has better (balls to the wall) bass.