mc252 v. mc501s in a 13 x14 room?

My speakers are audio physic virgo iiis. Is there any reason to upgrade to a pair of mc 501s from an mc252 in a 13x14 room?
jedhartman
I agree with that comment Theo. Good observation.

I know what you mean...maybe it's better power supplys and transformers and the balance circuits.
I also had a 402 and tried a 252. The 402 sounds better, and so presumably the 501's are also better. It is not just power, it is the quad balanced design.
Thank you all. I am looking at the 402, the 2101...even getting a 2nd 252 and setting them each up in mono.....
Dbarger, the 352 had the dual balanced as well the 402 does. I think that the 402 must have a better power supply.
But when I traded Chuck at McIntosh told me I would only gain the LED Lighting and the 50 watts. But at RMAF I spoke with Ron Cornileus and we got interupted as he was telling me. But all I got at that moment was "enhanced mcintosh magic". But I beleive that the power supply and possibly maybe even the LED lighting may not be creating a noise that was inhereant to the incandessant bulbs. At the same time I traded my MC7205 in on a MC205 and it really sound better. But the 7205 never was that impressive for music it just seemed to have the right thing for HT at the time. I am glad to McIntosh continues to work on improving their designs. I know there are better amps for the money but, I don't think anyone builds as bulletproof an amp!