quiet hiss in backround?

i have a quiet hissing from speakers when no music is playing and i am sure it is there when music is on but hard to hear. it drives me crazy! i always attributed it to normal noise from my amplifier but i wonder what you folks think? is it a power issue? the amp is a krell fpb600c, dedicated line, no power conditioning (a small quiet line by audio prism (parallel power line filter) is all. is this normal?
richard_stacy
thanks macrojack. i'm sure there are better sounding for less but as we were discussing, not sure what direction to go. miss the days of getting stuff to demo, this can be somewhat of a gamble. the more i read, the audio research 110 sounds like a fantastic match though. i do think it would be tough to replace the wp7's and be satisfied at a fraction.
the sound you describe is the same as my hiss. i have to lean toward the watt to hear it but i know it's there. just like the sound of a sea shell.
I have a suggestion that won't cost you anything more than minimal shipping.

Audition a pair of NuForce Ref9V2 SE amplifiers. They are the quietest amps I have ever heard. You can return them for a refund, less shipping.

If you still have a hiss, then you'll know the problem is elsewhere.
thanks tvad. that amp has won just about every award there is. interesting company and one that i think is going to do very very well. never heard the amp but would like too. quite a value.
Not a suggestion to replace your amp. Just a suggestion to put the amp in your system as a tool to troubleshoot for hiss, as I know it's quiet.
actually, no need to change the amps...if i put my ear to the rear tweeter, i get the same sound just faint. the description earlier in the thread is best, like putting your ear to a sea shell. i am beginning to think it is normal or some sort of power sound in my house. now i am just curious about how much different the 3250 would sound as 2 chan so i am going to switch them anyway. this could push me to let go of the big krell if i get the same punch from a smaller amp...