Phono pre recommendations for Technics SL1210M5G

From any Technics TT owners (running a 1210M5G, myself) I'd like to know what phono-preamp you are using. Currently have a Lehman Black Cube. Thinking that upgrading my phono-pre might be good bang for the buck. Considering a tube-based phono-pre. Budget not final but might be up to $1200. Cartridge is a KAB modified Stanton (nuded cantilever). My system is posted. If you have other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
128x128ghosthouse
Ghosthouse,
Have a KAB 1210m5g myself. My initial setup was with a Gram Slee Amp2 SE phono. I was curious about tube so I picked up a used Pro-ject Tube Box SE. Only had a little time with the tube box, so I will hold back comments. I will say every thing sounds good so far and there is a difference between the two. But will have to do more listening. A tube swap is likely as well.

I am going to demo the relatively unknown Heed Quasar (though mentioned by Tvad above) as well...very soon. Just comparing to see which sound I like better in my system. btw, I'm using an AT150mlx (MM) cart.

I can only buy off-the-shelf, so no DIY kits or mods for me. I am limiting my budget to below $1k. I am primarily a digital guy but having fun with vinyl too.

I haven't heard any other phono amps in my system.

cheers,
Thanks Tvad and Edo -
Tvad, your favorable comments in a past post are the reason I picked up the Lehman. I bought one used here on A'gon and while it wasn't an SE it was certainly a step up from the NAD PP-1 I had. I'll definitely put a Heed Quasar on my short list.

You make a good point about flexibility...I should have noted that I'd like something able to handle both MM and MC (low output if possible)

Edo - I'll be very interested in your thoughts regarding how these 3 pre-amps (Gram, Project, Heed) sound to you.
Looking forward to a followup, if you will.

Thanks again to you both.
Presently, I use a .25mV (low output) cartridge with the Heed Quasar.

The Heed Quasar was recommended by Audiofeil International, and I
auditioned it through Blackbird Audio Gallery, which was my most local Heed
dealer. I'm certain either of these gentlemen can point you in the direction of
a dealer who could provide a unit for audition.